August 27th, 2010
Friday Scoop on Credit Karma & Housing Market News
No Comments |
“Americans’ long infatuation with owning a home, which even the economic collapse of 2008 could not kill, shuddered and stalled last month,” reports The New York Times. The housing market continues to sputter as sales plummeted 25.5% below the level a year ago, even though mortgage rates are at the lowest numbers ever and houses are more affordable as prices drop in many areas.
In addition, the number of people falling behind on their mortgages is on the rise, reports CNN Money. This new nightmare on the housing front– increased default on mortgages– is blamed on the struggling job market because unemployment causes people to default on their mortgages. It’s a grim outlook, but recovery in the housing market rides on recovery in the job market.
For more upbeat tips and news updates on the housing market, check out the following roundup to send you with good vibes into your weekend!
Credit Karma in the News
- DoughRoller gives smart options for How To Get Your Free Credit Score Without A Credit Card, such as checking out Credit Karma.
- LearnVest shares their 11 Money Links We Love, and includes many bloggers we love too!
- My Credit Score Is Stuck At Good, from Consumerism Commentary, tells the story of being stuck at a good credit score even as he strives for an excellent credit score.
- A great review from Cesi Debt Solutions, Credit Karma: Good Credit, Good Karma, shows off favorite features like the Credit Simulator.
- Credit Karma CEO Ken Lin contributes his two cents on the state of the banking industry in, Banks Are Promoting Credit Cards Again, reported by Sign On San Diego.
Home & Mortgage News
- Want to save money on your home? Of course you do. Check out MarketWatch’s Four Ways To Lower Your Mortgage Rate.
- If you are buying or selling a home, know what to say and how to say it with CNN Money’s guide to The Best Moves For Home Buyers And Sellers.
- Kiplinger shares cool tips on 8 DIY Projects To Add Value To Your Home.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable home, and preserve its value, with Moolanomy’s 8 Home Maintenance Tasks And Repairs To Do This Fall.
- Money Crashers offers answers for one for one of the toughest questions for struggling homeowners: Should You Walk Away From Your Home Mortgage?
- It doesn’t hurt to ask, reminds SmartMoney, in a helpful post on how Negotiating Rent Gets Tougher.
Disclaimer: All information posted to this site was accurate at the time of its initial publication. Efforts have been made to keep the content up to date and accurate. However, Credit Karma does not make any guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. For complete details of any products mentioned, visit bank or issuer website.