October 24th, 2012
Review: Serve from American Express
12 Comments |
Prepaid cards are typically marketed to unbanked and underbanked consumers. In the past, prepaid cards have offered little innovation and a slew of predatory fees. But Serve from American Express is attempting to be the new, technologically advanced prepaid card on the block.
Serve from American Express – Prepaid Goes Digital
- No credit check. No minimum balance. No hidden fees.
- Get a $50 credit after receiving $250+ twice via Direct Deposit by 12/31/13*
- Get free cash withdrawals at over 23,000 MoneyPass® ATMs nationwide
- Shop online or off and get access to membership benefits like Purchase Protection
- Use the Mobile App* to manage your money, pay bills and more
- Enroll in Direct Deposit to get your paycheck in your American Express Serve Account on payday.
- No need to use a check. Email money to anyone with an American Express Serve Account (even if they don’t have the same bank as you).
- Enjoy American Express service and security 24/7*Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. (American Express Serve is not a credit card.)
Who should get Serve?
Serve may be a good fit for consumers who aren’t interested in credit cards but still want innovative financial products. Since applying for Serve doesn’t initiate a credit check, those with poor credit or little credit history could find this card a welcome alternative to traditional credit products.
Follow Credit Karma!
Disclaimer: All information posted to this site was accurate at the time of its initial publication. Efforts have been made to keep the content up to date and factual. This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank or issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank or issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank or issuer. For complete product details visit bank or issuer website for details.