June 17th, 2011
Friday Roundup: Frugal Wedding Tips
No Comments |
For Credit Karma Wedding Week, we’ve put together a list of great links from around the web about frugal weddings. Enjoy reading up on how to have a beautiful wedding on a tight budget, ways to buy cheap but unique wedding dresses, how to add (cheap!) tin cans to your wedding decor, and much more! Have a great weekend from your friends at Credit Karma!
- Frugal Wedding Ideas. There are very few of us who have a budget like the royal family, and let’s face it, if you’re reading this site, you’re probably not interested in spending extravagant amounts of money on your wedding. So here are some of my favorite frugal wedding tips. Almost Frugal
- Have a Beautiful Wedding on a Tight Budget. When my husband and I were planning our wedding three years ago, he claimed that we could easily get married for under $2,000. After I got over my fit of laughter, I got online and started showing him the kinds of prices we could expect for our wedding. We ended up having a beautiful wedding that was totally us—we had a moon bounce and had a first bounce as husband and wife—without straining our $10,000 budget. Cash Money Life
- Wedding planning means wedding savings. Ahh June, the start of summer and wedding season a-palooza. According to TheKnot.com, June is the most popular month for weddings, and if you’re the bride, groom or attending several this summer, there are a few ways you can keep your wedding budget under control, so you don’t face a fall filled with debt. CNN Money
- The Frugal Wedding: How to Get Married On the Cheap. No matter how you look at it, getting married costs money. There are marriage licenses to apply for, invitations to create, a venue to rent, and food to buy. Even the most frugal couple can end up spending more than they bargained for when it comes to planning their wedding. There is no need to fall into this trap. In fact, some expenses can be avoided altogether. Generation X Finance
- Yes You Can: 10 Pretty Ways to Add Tin Cans to Your Wedding. Next time you open a tin can, don’t toss it in the recycling bin. Instead, save it for a crafty DIY for your wedding, garden party, or other summertime event. Check out some fun ways to add tin cans to your next event! Casa Sugar
- 15 Ways to Buy Cheap Unique Wedding Dresses on a Budget. On TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress, cameras follow brides as they shop for the perfect wedding dress at one of Manhattan’s most famous and posh bridal boutiques. Thousands of dollars later, they have a white lace, silk, or tulle gown that they will wear for exactly one day. Think that’s crazy? Yeah, me too. Money Crashers
- Budgeting for the Wedding: 10 Hidden Wedding Costs. It’s all those pricey extras that slide in under the radar. We’ve asked the experts to clue us in on their insider secrets for avoiding those little-known financial pitfalls and sticking to your wedding budget. The Knot
Disclaimer: All information posted to this site was accurate at the time of its initial publication. Efforts have been made to keep the content up to date and accurate. However, Credit Karma does not make any guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. For complete details of any products mentioned, visit bank or issuer website.