November 16th, 2008
Roundup: The Economy and Holiday Shopping
4 Comments |
Another edition of Credit Karma’s roundup is ready for reading. Below you’ll find links to blog and news articles on the economy, credit scores, credit cards, debt, and Credit Karma. Thrown in are some links for Holiday shopping for those looking to navigate this season’s financial waters.
National Credit News:
- Credit crunch? Your intrepid correspondent tests the waters at the Atlantic.
- CIT Applies for Bank Holding Status announces American Banker.
- Wal-Mart Tightens Its Belt writes Forbes.
- Wall Street says Growth Not Likely Until Mid-2009.
- Why GM can’t survive bankruptcy by CNN Money.
- Learn more Credit facts and fallacies over the Examiner.
- The LA Times asks does paying old debts help credit score?
- It Pays to Keep Your Credit Clean says the Wall Street Journal.
- USNews offers these Five Ways to Make Sure You Qualify for New Car Financing
- Credit Favors looks at Controlling Your Credit Score.
- Forbes discusses Shopping Without Credit.
- Smart Money Wallet blogs Going Shopping? Avoid The Layaway Plan!
- Ask Mr. Credit Card posts Negotiating With Your Credit Card Company.
- Money Review AU asks Credit Card or a Loan?
- The Happy Rock blogs about Getting A Credit Card Late Fee Removed.
- Extreme Personal Finance provides Balance Transfer Credit Cards – An Overview.
- Money Roots writes about the Benefits of Using Debt Consolidation Calculators.
- IRS Tax Debt: IRS Tax Debt Will Make the Phone Ring Off the Hook! says IRS Hitman.
- Banks Want To Forgive Credit Card Debt — But The Government Says No blogs the Consumerist.
- Here are 6 tips for a debt free Christmas by Christian PF.
News about Credit Karma:
- The Best Blogs mentions us in It’s Holiday Hurting Season for Retailers.
- Narrow Bridge Adventures offers up these tools in Your Personal Finance Arsenal
- 5 Cent Nickel posts Free Credit Scores from Credit Karma
- Freaking Fees provides Four Tips to Save Money on FICO Credit Scores
- Rich Credit Debt Loan links to Credit Karma in Resisting Panic: A Quick Guide to Surviving The Credit Crunch.
- The Wallet (WS Journal) gives us a shout in Why You Might Actually Want a Retail Credit Card
Photo Credits: TIO…