November 5th, 2012
Citi Price Rewind – Save up to $250 on Holiday Shopping
1 Comment |
Have you started holiday shopping yet? It’s predicted that this year holiday spending will increase 3.5 to 4 percent over last season, which would put the total consumer spending at $920 to $925 billion.
As usual, consumers will be hoping to rack up the sales to get a great discount. But what happens if you already made a purchase and see a better price elsewhere? Sure, you can head back into the holiday rush to return your purchase, but you’ll waste precious time and gas money to do so.
Citi has come up with a solution for cardmembers with its Citi Price Rewind program.
Citi Price Rewind – Save Up to $250 this Shopping Season
As part of Citi’s complimentary card benefits, you can comparison shop after you’ve already purchased an item. Here’s how it works:
- Make a purchase on your Citi credit card.
- Take your new purchase home and register it with Citi Price Rewind search retailers’ sites for a lower price.
- Citi Price Rewind will keep an eye on your items. If it finds a lower price during a 30-day period, you can request a refund online, by fax or by mail.
Things to Remember While You Shop
This is a great program for the in-and-out shopper. Don’t like fighting the crowds? Get in, make your purchase, and get home fast. But it’s important to remember a few things before you leave to shop:
- Not all purchases are covered. Like boats. You can’t get a Price Rewind on a purchase of a boat. See all coverage limitations here.
- Prices on covered items are tracked for 30 days from the original purchase date, so make sure to start comparison shopping soon after you buy.
- Citi Price Rewind only tracks online prices, not in-store prices.
- Refunds are limited to $250 per item and $1,000 per calendar year.
- Business credit card purchases are not eligible for Citi Price Rewind.
Don’t have a Citi card? Here are a few recommendations:
Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card – This card comes with $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first three months of account opening. You can earn 5% cash back on revolving categories each year and 1% cash back on other purchases (up to $300 per calendar year). According to Credit Karma data, the average approved credit score is 721 and the lowest approved is 637. Click to apply.
Citi Simplicity Card – This card is good for transferring current credit card debt; it comes with 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% – 21.99%. it’s also annual fee-free. The average approved credit score is 733 and the lowest approved is 653. Click to apply.
Follow Credit Karma!
Disclaimer: All information posted to this site was accurate at the time of its initial publication. Efforts have been made to keep the content up to date and accurate. However, Credit Karma does not make any guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. For complete details of any products mentioned, visit bank or issuer website.